Kiwano is the fruit of Cucumis metulliferus, or Horned Melon. I have known the fruit for a long time without ever affording one (this was more because I couldn’t find it, though the price would have made me think twice before buying one). It is very attractive, with a bright orange epiderm and more or less redish circles and lines driving along the skin. The inside is quite green (which I didn’t expect at first and was really surprised by the colour contrast). The inside is good. The inside is inside.
Archive for December 11th, 2009
areallysmallfarm on Nature Geek Porn Henri Marie on Contrepèterie/Spoonerism GIRARD on Le mot de la semaine: Nyc… Eng Shahid Dhunyal on Kiwano (quick) Carnivalia | This Sc… on Oekologie #18
- How to tell orchid males from females?
- Male meiosis in onion
- Contre les escargots, saperlipopette!
- What are the two sexes of a plant moss?
- Stapelia glanduliflora flower
- How to get chickens in Amazonia.
- Do stick insects eat their babies?
- La dure vie de Grain de Pollen
Photos on Flickr