Kiwano is the fruit of Cucumis metulliferus, or Horned Melon. I have known the fruit for a long time without ever affording one (this was more because I couldn’t find it, though the price would have made me think twice before buying one). It is very attractive, with a bright orange epiderm and more or less redish circles and lines driving along the skin. The inside is quite green (which I didn’t expect at first and was really surprised by the colour contrast). The inside is good. The inside is inside.
Archive for December 11th, 2009
THE ADVANTAGES OF TA… on How to decide where to publish… areallysmallfarm on Nature Geek Porn The advantages of ta… on How to decide where to publish… Mark on Kiwano (quick) Henri Marie on Contrepèterie/Spoonerism
- What are the two sexes of a plant moss?
- How to tell orchid males from females?
- Contre les escargots, saperlipopette!
- Do stick insects eat their babies?
- Drip tips drain leaves more efficiently...
- La dure vie de Grain de Pollen
- Achiote, roucou, Bixa!
- It's plosing first...
- Sex in plants
Photos on Flickr