A compilation of requests leading to Seeds Aside that where actual questions. Some are nice,some are cute, some are, well, just below…
- where does meiosis come from?
This is a wonderful question, so it’s on top of the list. Of course I don’t know, but I find the best further questions about it have been laid in a late Maynard-Smith book (along with E Szathmary): The Major Evolutionary Transitions. I think it’s a very entertaining book so there’s no reason not to buy it yourself if you’re into evolutionary biology anyway…
- where does meiosis take place in moss?
Within the capsule.
- names all plants bearing seeds and fruit?
If you’re not looking for a compiled list of plant species, then you’re probably willing to distinguish Angiosperms or Magnoliophyta (plants producing flowers) from Spermatophytes (or Phanerogams, that is, plants producing seeds)? The first is included within the latter, though actually the latter is a bit old fashion and refers to the great divisions among plants as formalized in classic botany, while the first is more modern and reflects more on phylogenetics, a serious trend in plant systematics today…
- what happens in seed plant sexual life?
Hum… They have sex? You mean, the little bees and pollen grains and all this stuff?
- where do potato seeds come from?
From a fruit developped from a fertilised flower?
- what is pollen grain?
Wikipedia is a good start…
- who pollinates the radish?
Many insect species. But gosh, if a plant has a good-looking scenty flower, it’s usually not the wind dude!
- how do i know the sex of plant?
- how to sex a plant?
Hum does it matter? In this case…
- how to know the sex of seeds?
Not at the seed stage dude!
- when will i know the sex of my plant?
- what are drip tip leaves?
- why do leaves have a drip tip?
To drain rain more efficiently… Because of fungi?
- what is pupal mating?
That’s when a male insect doesn’t want to take the risk of courting females, even if he does have cool colours.
- why are french people so rude?
Don’t ask French people :-)
- where does the word potato originally come from?
Patata, a spanish word. Wikipedia is still a good source…
- what are sphinxes?
I’m waiting for a post at Catalogue of Organisms… :-)
- what do stick bugs eat?
Why didn’t you ask before buying them pets?
- what does autophagy look like?
I don’t want to know! Did you find pictures?
- tropics area eaten by phasmids?
Don’t worry, they won’t eat the whole area, only leaves.
- do stick insects eat their young?
Out of necessity.
- where can you find stick insects in Tasmania?
- what is the healthiest junk food?
- drugs 101 book?
Ask a police officer…
- best aside for wordpress?
Wow, now I’m proud as a… Wait! I’m only at the third position from such a google query!