There are many ways to consider the ongoing and futur consequences of global warming. Surveying for temperature increases is a physicists way, biology needs more of course. Especially, dealing at broad scales such as the community level, involving response and interaction of multiple species, is somewhat not always obvious. In the following study*, this was actually fairly simple (hey, in terms of protocole I mean, I don’t argue that undertaking the experiment was just easy): going through transplantations (local as a control and via a decrease in latitude to simulate climate warming as the test).
Archive for February 23rd, 2008
THE ADVANTAGES OF TA… on How to decide where to publish… areallysmallfarm on Nature Geek Porn The advantages of ta… on How to decide where to publish… Mark on Kiwano (quick) Henri Marie on Contrepèterie/Spoonerism
- How to tell orchid males from females?
- What are the two sexes of a plant moss?
- Male meiosis in onion
- Drip tips drain leaves more efficiently...
- Stick insects stick to their diet
- Contre les escargots, saperlipopette!
- Achiote, roucou, Bixa!
- Narcotic Narcoleptic Narcoterrific Nectar
- Stapelia glanduliflora flower
Photos on Flickr