Oops, I’m late. Please find September’s edition of Berry Go Round.
Archive for the ‘Carnival’ Category
You can find over there at Hort Log the very latest of the Berry Go Round Carnival.
It’s a themed Berry this Month, and it’s covering Ugly Smelly Plants. Of course, none of the critters are actually ugly. They’re all fascinating. Nor smelly except in the plant sense, which is good, because all plants smells for the best.
Maybe we should meme the theme options, and start series for berries. That’s certainly a good idea.
Meanwhile, I’m back again…
Before digging into this month’s plants posts, we are happy to learn the come back of I & the bird, the very nice birding carnival interrupted not that long fortunately. Go have a quick look and share the good news!
Now, previous BRG can be found there, at Ian Lunt’s Ecological Research Site. If you’re willing to host the BGR carnival, we’d be happy you welcome our plant carnival. Remeber you don’t even need to be a plant blogger, we welcome anyone. Please go tell us you’re volunteering for coming month!
So what are the greenier news?
- You would be able to smoke a cigare on a lichen bed with Arabidopsis flowers otherwhere. Once upon a time we were told spores could travel over space, now we can count seeds on!
- Evolution may favour different approaches to solve biological problems. Trees evolved two kinds. Once you coopt a solution, you’d better stick to some coordination among organs (stems and leaves for e.g.).
- New fern Genus named for Lady Gaga.
- Botany is fun all way up. You already knew it.
- Creepy fall colours. There’s a fair game at Phytophactor, still time to play.
- Can you eat flowering kale?
- Tiny things acting tremendously. Give an acknowledgement to Cryptogams.
- Wasabi (say what?).
- Advices in botanical painting, a review here.
- Cute Gulf Fritillary. Now wait, I thought these were plants, right?
- Prototaxites? Tacitly plants.
- Want a Nobel Prize? Don’t study plants. (Unless you want a fun job!).
- Moss gardening, a review…
- Botanical picture of the month: Pumpkin spiral…
- Landscapes: Welsh common bits.
- Amusing titles: find the botany within (and read the whole post too!).
- Top 10 Nitrogen papers: with a short summary.
- Strangling figs (bot pix too).
And I guess there are some more all over… Please dont hesitate to submit your posts or any post you enjoyed reading… And see you soon!