Kiwano is the fruit of Cucumis metulliferus, or Horned Melon. I have known the fruit for a long time without ever affording one (this was more because I couldn’t find it, though the price would have made me think twice before buying one). It is very attractive, with a bright orange epiderm and more or less redish circles and lines driving along the skin. The inside is quite green (which I didn’t expect at first and was really surprised by the colour contrast). The inside is good. The inside is inside.
Archive for December 11th, 2009
Eng Shahid Dhunyal on Kiwano (quick) Carnivalia | This Sc… on Oekologie #18 Science online, dive… on Berry Go Round March & Apr… seedsaside on Flowers timelapse Carol on Flowers timelapse
- How to tell orchid males from females?
- Contre les escargots, saperlipopette!
- Electronically trashing applicants
- Drip tips drain leaves more efficiently...
- There's no porn like an orchid flower
- Monter la garde...
- La salade du déchétarien...
- Plant Species otw: Asphodelus albus
- Open Lab 2010 finalists
Photos on Flickr