Kiwano is the fruit of Cucumis metulliferus, or Horned Melon. I have known the fruit for a long time without ever affording one (this was more because I couldn’t find it, though the price would have made me think twice before buying one). It is very attractive, with a bright orange epiderm and more or less redish circles and lines driving along the skin. The inside is quite green (which I didn’t expect at first and was really surprised by the colour contrast). The inside is good. The inside is inside.
Archive for December 11th, 2009
Paula Kuitenbrouwerp… on About me susannah on Peanut Leechy Gallery: Li… Fern poetry | Seeds… on Playing words Fig & Quince on Not possible azita on It’s friday, free p…
- Contre les escargots, saperlipopette!
- Male meiosis in onion
- What are the two sexes of a plant moss?
- Drip tips drain leaves more efficiently...
- How to tell orchid males from females?
- The hard life of a pollen grain
- When leaves aspire to be flowers
- At Most Spheres
- La dure vie de Grain de Pollen
Photos on Flickr